Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Richmond Chapter 1: The Land and Its Native People

Honestly, when reading about Kansas history, I would tend to glance over a chapter about her beginnings. The topic always seemed dull. However, this chapter was actually quite interesting. Richmond did a good job of explaining why Kansas was so geographically diverse. I had never really given a lot of thought to the native Kansans and the differences between them.

To keep a topic like this from being 'dull' to my students, I would begin by asking them what they new about the first Kansans, etc. I would then do a pre-test of oral true and false questions that would leave them curious to find out the truth. Preparing students this way should help to peak their interest so that they will not just glance over these chapters in their future studies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home