Friday, October 14, 2005

HIST 813 Primary Sources 14 October 2005

This week I spent some time looking again through what the Smithsonian sites had to offer. I visited Smithsonian Education mainly to get ideas for the format of the teaching project I am working on. However, on this site, I found and printed a number of lesson plans that I plan to use to enhance some current lesson plans I have. One that I think is particularly interesting is the one on Revolutionary money. I can use this in World History when talking about the American Revolution and European colonization as well as in American History as a review of colonial times (since the HS standards begin at Reconstruction).

Another lesson I liked was Letters from the Japanese American Internment. I have tried to gather these and put together a unit on this in the past, but the creator of this lesson did such a good job that I think I will use theirs from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home