Monday, October 10, 2005

Update on Paper

To be honest, I am struggling a bit with my topic. I think my topic is a bit too broad and consists of two papers in one. I am not as far along as I would like to have been at this point. I have not yet made my trip to the Kansas State Historical Society in Topeka to look at their holdings.

I am going to narrow the thesis to this:
The early history of Kansas has led to Kansas being as diverse on racial issues as geographic areas. How the lynching of Fred Alexander was handled in the press is evidence of Kansas' racial schizophrenia.

I will focus less on the specific details of the Alexander case and more on how the case was presented.

I would also like to add a brief discussion on Kansas' racial issues today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home