Friday, October 07, 2005

HIST 813 Primary Sources 7 October, 2005

I decided to return to NARA this week and do more exploring there. Within the Most Requested link, I stumbled across links to WWII photographs. Here, NARA has collected hundreds of WWII photographs and put them together in a bundle that is easily browsed. Lookin through these photographs gave me a lesson idea. Students could choose from the volume of photographs and put together a photo essay of a topic in WWII. A teacher would have to be careful with how much access to these photos to grant to students as many are of dead bodies. If I were teacher anything lower than high school, I would pick the photos they saw.

I went on to look through the digitized collection of holdings at the NARA Central Plains region. I found a lot of interesting documents and photographs, but nothing that jumped out at me as a possibility of using it in class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home