Tuesday, October 18, 2005

HIST 813 Primary Sources 18 October 2005

While looking at the web-site of the Kansas State Historical Society, I reallized that other states' archives may be full of primary sources that they have digitized as well. I started looking and I found that I was right. Most states have a web-site for their state historical societies. Many of those have digitized collections that anyone can access. I looked through some from Minnesota, South Dakota, Ohio, and others. The Ohio web-site is very good. I found pictures of ex-slaves taken by workers from the Works Progress Administration in the 1930s.

I will keep this idea in mind when I am researching a topic. I can go to the historical society website for the state in which the incident occured and see what they have available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home