Saturday, February 18, 2006

Vietnam - National Archives



Handbook for U.S. Forces in Vietnam, 1966
ARC Identifier: 306735.

I had a lot of trouble choosing just one document to write about. I decided on this handbook because it may be used in a number of ways. First, it is a great piece of history because it shows students what U.S. soldiers knew about Vietnam, the Viet Cong, tactics, etc. Secondly, it is still a great source for my students to gain the same knowledge.

I would like to reproduce this document so that it looks as real as possible and distribute it to my students. I would have them assume the role of a U.S. soldier on his way to fight and have them read through it. Next, I would have them use maps and other primary sources and propose a war strategy for a U.S. victory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly in Kansas said...

This is a great idea, Mrs. Hutton!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home